The change log for versions 1.x is available here.
Version 2.6.5 (Nov 26, 2023)
- Fixed checking user status when starting a file transfer session
- Fixed address reuse when opening sockets
- Fixed minimizing the window from full screen mode
- Updated translations
- Updated third-party components
Version 2.6.4 (Nov 11, 2023)
- Fixed getting the listening interface if empty address specified for relay
Version 2.6.3 (Nov 11, 2023)
- Fixed address converting to string
- Fixed getting listening address in relay
Version 2.6.2 (Nov 11, 2023)
- Show remote update button only if desktop is available
- Disabled full screen buttons for MacOS (use system buttons for this)
- Fixed scrolling with high-resolution mouse/touchpad
- Fixed crash when canceling a connection if there were multiple addresses for a hostname
- Fixed crash in online checker
- Fixed TCP/IP v6 connections
- Fixed desktop session blocking when transferring and deleting files
- Fixed NumLock state for MacOS
- Fixed capture of global hotkeys for MacOS
Version 2.6.1 (Nov 6, 2023)
- Fixed state update when selecting update check frequency
- Added check for older version (fixes screen image in UAC)
- Fixed potential crash in online checker
- Enable channel id support for router (fixes online checker issue)
- Fixed target directory for x64 installer
Version 2.6.0 (Nov 6, 2023)
- Releases for Windows are now also available for x64 architecture
- Implemented display of capture errors in the Client
- Reworked switching monitors in the Client (the ability to switch monitors without entering the drop-down menu)
- Implemented adjustment to bandwidth (due to automatic adjustment of FPS and image quality)
- Implemented automatic checking for Host updates with the ability to fully automatically update
- Expanded the ability to configure logging through environment variables
- Implemented the ability to export and import to JSON in the address book
- Identification of DDR5 RAM in System Information
- File transfer speed display
- Ability to set access rights for connections using one-time passwords
- Natural sorting of computer names for the address book
- Fixed a bug that caused the GUI process to not start when restarting a service with a locked user session
- Fixed Console crashing when closing tabs
- Fixed getting data on physical memory usage in the task manager
- Implemented version checking (Client/Console can no longer connect to Hosts of a newer version)
- Support for connecting to Hosts versions below 2.0.0 has ended
- Fixed restoration of the position of the remote control window when exiting full screen mode (in Windows 11)
- Fixed connection to laptops with the lid closed
Version 2.5.2 (Dec 26, 2022)
- Update check issue fixed
Version 2.5.1 (Dec 25, 2022)
- Fixed incorrect behavior when backing up configuration files
Version 2.5.0 (Dec 25, 2022)
- Implemented saving properties of computers and groups of computers via the key combination Ctrl+Enter
- Implemented support for mouse buttons Back/Forward in desktop management
- Implemented saving a pinned position for the toolbar in the Client
- Implemented task manager
- Implemented the ability to check the status of computers in the address book (online/offline)
- Implemented automatic creation of backup copies for configuration files
- Implemented the ability to pause the transmission of video and sound when the Client is minimized
- Implemented the ability to save lists of Hosts and Relays to a JSON file in the router management
- Implemented the ability to copy lines and individual values in the router management
- Implemented display of statistics for Relays in router management (sending statistics is disabled by default in the Relay configuration)
- Implemented menu item for clearing connection history in the Client
- Implemented display of the current ID and IP addresses of the computer in the tooltip for the icon in the Host tray
- Implemented output of the current host ID from the command line (aspia_host_service –host-id)
- Call quick connect when pressing F8 in the Console
- Sort groups of computers alphabetically
- Fixed returning the current resolution on the Host after changing it in the Client
- Fixed screen capture on laptops with discrete and integrated video cards
- Fixed screen capture with HDR enabled
- Fixed incorrect UI scaling when using DPI equal to or greater than 150%
- Other fixes and improvements
Version 2.4.0 (Apr 10, 2022)
- Implemented ListenInterface parameter for Router/Relay.
- Implemented the ability to move the toolbar in desktop management (by right mouse button).
- Implemented connecting by permanent user name to RDP sessions.
- Implemented the ability to place update server files in nested directories.
- Implemented inheritance mechanism and default configurations for computers and groups of computers in the Aspia Console.
- Implemented Applications, Licenses and Open Files categories in System Information.
- Implemented recording of sessions.
- Implemented text chat session.
- Implemented saving the state of the address book properties dialog.
- Added “version” command line flags.
- Added “install/remove/start/stop” command line flags for Host service.
- Added “cursor-position” command line option to Aspia Client.
- Added revision to version info.
- Added update checker to Aspia Client.
- Updated third party components.
- Fixed work if one of the video adapters does not support DirectX 11.
- Fixed wallpaper restoring.
- Fixed screen switching.
Version 2.3.0 (Feb 26, 2022)
- Cursor scaling according to DPI
- Removed xfixes library from Router and Relay dependencies in Linux
- Fixed installation of Console and Client in Ubuntu 20.04
- Extended system information functionality
- Ability to view system information without connecting to a desktop
- Changing remote monitor resolutions
- Ability to send the clipboard as keystrokes
- UI exit prevention option in Host options
- Displaying the position of the remote cursor
- In Windows 10, cursor capture is now done via DXGI (when using DXGI screen capture)
- Ability to clear the clipboard after disconnecting
- All connection parameters (including the password) can now be passed in the Client command line
- Ability to sort by columns in router management
- Performance optimizations
- Fixed display of the notification bar on the host at DPI > 96
- Fixed display of the toolbar in the client when switching between menus
- Fixed disabling / enabling desktop wallpaper when the screen saver is active
- Fixed restoring desktop wallpaper after reboot
- Fixed sticky keyboard keys on the client side
Version 2.2.1 (Jan 11, 2022)
- Fixed crash when outputting Qt messages to the log
- Updated third party libraries
Version 2.2.0 (Dec 27, 2021)
- Implemented the ability to confirm the connection on the host
- Ability to manage parameters of one-time passwords
- In the parameters of the router, explanations have been made about what the router is for
- Ability to suspend the connection, disable mouse and/or keyboard input at the initiative of the user on the host side
- Administrator rights are automatically requested to open host settings
- Returned support for ZSTD based video codec
- For Windows 7 / 2008R2 implemented support for using the mirror-driver by UltraVNC or TightVNC
- Updated third party libraries (asio, zstd, protobuf, openssl, libvpx, opus, sqlite)
- Fixed “duplication” of host IDs on the router
- Fixed the ability to connect by ID from the command line
- Fixed display of router port in host settings
- Fixed import of configuration file during installation if there are spaces in the path
- Fixed language code in the installer (the main language is set to en-us)
Version 2.1.0 (Sep 16, 2021)
- Password protecting for host configuration
- The ability to reboot the host in safe mode
- Fixed import of host configuration when installing msi installer
- Fixed problems when connecting RDP sessions to the host
- Other improvements and fixes
Version 2.0.0 (Sep 10, 2021)
- Supports connection by ID and NAT traversal
- Client and Console Versions for Linux / MacOSX
- Support for capture using DXGI
- Ability to create computers by copying in the address book
- Support for audio transmission
- Ability to automatically lock the computer when disconnected
- Ability to enable / disable saving a list of recent address books
- Implemented the ability to disable font smoothing
- Added a button to minimize the window in full screen mode
- Other improvements and fixes